Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Update from Bali

Hello again...
The past few days have been pretty yuckie for me and I found out why today when I ended up in the hospital. I have an infection caused by a parasite (amoeba). I became mildly dehydrated and my temperature was hanging around 39C/102F for a few days now. Because I was so nauseous I also wasn't able to keep up my fluid intake, which the doctor remedied by 4 bags of fluid intravenously today. What a difference that has made? I feel like I've come out from a cloudy place and am alive again! I'm so thankful for my team who have really stuck with me: praying, staying up with me, taking me to the hospital, etc. What a blessing to be surrounded by such loving care!
Hopefully now I'll continue to get better with the meds I have. Rest, fluids, meds.... I've asked Freddy and Hilde to take over the practical leadership of the course until I can get back in action.
Thanks for your prayers, too!

Blessings,
Belinda

3 comments:

Daniel, Deborah, Techiya, Salomé en Obediah said...

Dear Belinda...
We blijven voor je bidden!!! Een woord wat we over jou en team proclameren is OVERWINNING!!

Veel zegen!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Dear Belinda,

I will continue to pray for you. Hope you get better soon, and that this time in Bali will be a blessing in spite of the physical challenges you are facing.

Blessings,
Mildrid

Anonymous said...

Here's Terry signing in to say I too am praying for you, bosom buddy! So glad you have a strong, loving team surrounding you. God will use your weakness to make others strong! Love you lots and will be checking here every day.