Monday, February 06, 2006

Going to Indonesia

In a couple days I'll be going to Indonesia for the first time in my life. I have a wonderful staff team and we really love one another.
Yesterday in church the pastor, elder and Music leader prayed for me (and for Ruth) in the service. It was wonderful to get so much support from my church. Also, my church back home in the USA has put me on the prayer calendar for the month of February.
A number of people have promised prayer support and a couple others some financial support.
Aside from trying to shake off a cold, my body feels ready to get on that plane.
As usual, I enjoy being in new places but don't exactly cherish the journey: packing, checking in, airplanes with little or no leg room, visas, etc. In my younger years that part was exhilarating as well, but it got old pretty quick. However, I have lost some weight, so that will make the trip a little easier.
We leave Amsterdam at 13.15 (1 o'clock) on Thursday and get in to Hong Kong at 07.50 (which is actually more than 10 hours flying). Another 4 hours or so on Friday from Hong Kong to Denpasar (Bali) Indonesia. The YWAM base is another 45 minutes from the airport.

As team leader, I will be happy that everyone shows up at the airport on Thursday at 09.15 to check in together... that all our baggage gets loaded and we finally get on that plane. Everyone in their seats on the Cathay Pacific airplane, buckled in and smiling - I will let out a deep sigh and allow my thoughts to turn east, my prayers to rise and carry us across the nations and waters to Indonesia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and miss you. "Be well and do good work"(as quoted by Garrison Keillor from A Prairie Home Companion".

Patti