Tuesday, February 21, 2006

3 more days to go

We are in the final stretch of the Call2Worship course here and I’m getting excited because God often saves the best for last.

We had a good team meeting and evaluation about how to leave a lasting impact in the student’s lives. Apparently there is no shortage of worship courses in Indonesia (Hillsongs, Vineyard, etc.) but what people really need to know is that worship is a lifestyle found in daily acts of worship, not just the ‘singing of songs’ during a Christian service. We are trying to emphasize this in the different workshops and seminars this week.

Yesterday I taught again! I spoke on “Why worship is a battle” and laid out as clearly as possible our position in Christ and opposing the enemy. The enemy wants to silence us and shut us down but again and again we need to choose to worship God. It was a powerful time and I believe God gave clear revelation to the students.

Amadeus and Trijntje ended their teaching series on Worship yesterday, emphasizing our choice as well. Wonderful, how the teachings compliment one another. Ruth and Guusje are taking afternoon workshops on Voice and Flags; Hilde is teaching on Prophetic worship; Ben taught on the Names of God; Freddy on Ministry: worship in action, etc.

At this point I only have energy to come to the morning sessions, but I am getting more of my strength back each day. I’m still taking antibiotics and need to go for another blood test on Saturday to make sure the parasite has been eradicated from my system. I believe it’s either gone or going… yesterday and today I haven’t gotten any fever, which I’d been getting in the afternoon and evenings. Thank You, LORD!

Please pray with us that the “best for last” will come and God will be glorified.

No comments: