Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday in Bali

Sunday is like any other day of the week here in Bali: shops open, everyone goes to work. It’s very strange when you’ve grown up and lived in countries where Sunday is the sabbath. There are Christian services in the morning but also in the evenings because you might still have to work beforehand.

Our team will attend church this evening and Freddy will share a word with them. I had been asked to speak but I am not strong enough yet. Yesterday, however, I went out to an air conditioned shopping mall; unfortunately I felt ill and had to leave after a couple hours. Still, I was glad for the opportunity to get out after being in my room at the base here for the first week (well, aside from 2 hospital visits).

I am getting stronger and I’m deeply grateful for this. Your prayers and the good treatment I’ve received have been bearing fruit.

We celebrated Ben & Guusjes 34th wedding anniversary here yesterday with a little breakfast party. Then we sent them off to a surprise overnight stay as a couple in a hotel in Kuta. This has been a very important and special first trip to Indonesia for this wonderful couple. They declared yesterday that their dream is to “come back” again.

God is doing marvelous things in the staff and students. This course is really bringing in a great harvest in lives all around.

This coming week we will move the course to a different church who have opened their doors to host us.

We are all healthy (I’m getting healthier) and doing well. Thank you for your continued faithful prayers to cover us and bless us. Please keep those prayers coming!

I’ll try to upload a few photos for you.

Until next blog –
Blessings,
Belinda

No comments: