Friday, February 17, 2006

Selamat pagi


Selamat pagi (Good morning) from Indonesia!
Thank you for your continued interest and prayers for me and our Call2Worship team here in Bali.
I didn’t realize how ill I was at the beginning of this week… my teammates tell me that it felt like I was ‘faraway’ and that it feels like a miracle to have me ‘back’ and alert again. Just 2 days ago I felt like there was a shadow over me and all I could do is lay upon my bed in exhaustion. I would go to the toilet and literally faint on my bed afterwards. I could not hold a conversation or even focus with my eyes. The infection in my body from this parasite has been a huge battle to overcome, especially on top of a chest cold and jetlag. In that dark time I could only hang onto God’s faithfulness and trust Him. The shadow of His wings (Ps.91) dispelled the other shadows and He rescued me.
I still have diarrhea and the fever comes and goes, but I do have some strength this morning and feel pretty alert, so that’s why I’m writing now.
This past night I couldn’t sleep for several hours and kept praying as I heard my co-leader, Freddy, in the next room coughing – it sounded very deep and painful. I realized then that the enemy was attacking him as well. This is a very bold move on the enemy’s part – to continue a frontal attack on another leader of the team (he usually attacks the weak spots).
One of my first thoughts when I arrived here as I saw all the hundreds and thousands of shrines and statues to Hindu ‘gods’ was, “there are a lot of demons here”. I realize that the enemy has a lot of territory here and we are threats – calling this nation to worship the Creator. We have been invited by the YWAM base and are under their authority, so we have a legal right to be here – but this is a battle!
I urgently request you to pray for us!
As a guideline please use Psalm 91:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers,and under his wings you will find refuge;his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side,ten thousand at your right hand,but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling — even the LORD, who is my refuge — then no harm will befall you,no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him;I will be with him in trouble,I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." NIV

This is a key scripture the LORD gave to us about a month before we left Holland. Please ‘swing your sword’ next to mine and we will have victory.
“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in Bali as it is in heaven”!
Tonight we will end the first week of the C2W with a “Praise Party” that is open to guests and family of the course participants.
I will not be able to attend but I hope to be well enough to teach sometime next week.
Please pray for Hilde as she takes on the full leadership without me or Freddy. She is a strong Norwegian lady, but we all know it is not in our own strength we trust, but in God’s Spirit. Through Him we are more than conquerors! (Thank you for this word, my dear church family in Vaassen)
Please, if you get any scriptures or other words, write to my email address and I will pass them on to the team.

Blessings,
Belinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Belinda, we here at Heidebeek are also involved in a battle and we battle for each other, so also for you! We know we are Gods children and He already overcome the enemy and we know we will win, because He already did! Hallelujah! SO, this battle of you will be battled and will be won! It will work out even worse (for the enemy!) and God will be lifted up!!!Stay close!In Christ, Mirjam