Monday, January 29, 2007

Streams in the Desert


Nothing could have prepared me for the shift in mindset from a western culture to this place...
Egypt is a country in Africa...
Africa I know - after 20+ years of travelling back and forth. But Egypt has a middle Eastern mindset, as far as I can tell.

Passionate people, full of fire...
They love their humor (and I love it, too!)...
Their food and mealtimes play a central role in their daily relationships... a good meal with a good friend...

Worship fills the air, albeit to the "allah" of Mohammed. Each morning around 04:00 there is a wake-up call by the imams - a call to worship and prayer, repeated at sundown and several times in between.

This morning when I woke to the notes being sung in the distance, I had the urge to leave my warm bed and stick my head out my window and sing out the name of Jesus!
Today I spoke about the spiritual battle surrounding worship. Satan is referred to as the "prince of the power of the air"... and in this land he seems to control the airwaves.
I want to lift up the name of Jesus in this land - to raise up worshippers who will praise His name in this land. There is power in the name of Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Belinda,
Veel zegen, sterkte en vreugde voor de laatste dagen. Bless, Freddy