Saturday, January 27, 2007

Praise Party in Egypt




To give you an idea of where we are... I've added a red arrow to show where my room is located.
<--



After a workshop I gave on Songwriting, each student was assigned a particular theme to compose and share a worship song in their own language.

At the end of this first week of teaching here in Egypt, we celebrated with a Praise Party, singing our new songs. It was a glimpse of worship around the throne!


Rev 7:9-10
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.
And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

This weekend all the students are in Cairo, the foreigners hope to get their visas extended. It's also an opportunity to leave the desert, go to shops and do other things. Nestor has gone to Cairo for the day in hopes of meeting up with a friend of a friend. He'll be back this evening.

Tomorrow the three of us, together with Gerges, will go to Alexandria for a few hours of sightseeing and shops. It will be a nice break between the two weeks of teaching.

Please keep praying for us... I cannot say this often enough because we are on the spiritual frontlines here. Egypt is a muslim country with a minority of coptic Christians. Many times each day the 5 mosques surrounding our compound blare out the call to worship Allah and Mohammed. The students and staff have had a variety of strange ailments and scarey nightmares about fighting.

Two nights ago I woke in the dead of night feeling extremely dizzy, nauseous, with my heart racing amid hot/cold sweating. I kept trying to wake up or clear my mind enough to think and pray... finally I rebuked the enemy, praised the Lord and fell asleep, only to be woken with the same thing an hour later. The morning could not come soon enough for me, and I was fine... but it certainly gets you praying! I walked around my room in prayer, anointing the doorposts, windows with oil, consecrating my quarters and myself afresh to the Lord.
Keep in mind - your prayers may just turn the tide here in Egypt, among these few gathered here, learning to worship the LORD.

With the second week ahead of us, I believe the best breakthroughs are yet to come!

Praise the name of Jesus! Blessings,Belinda

No comments: