Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Faraway

6 months away from "home" and 6 months at "home".
My true "home" is in heaven... not here on earth.
Yet, I long for HOME.

Years ago I wrote a song that reflected this dilemna:

Faraway in a land
Where the North wind blows and blue waters flow
Is the place I call home
All your lovingcare taught me how to share

Faraway is a place
Where the land lies low and the tulips grow
Welcoming open arms,
Being friends with me, like a family

Faraway in a land
Where a jungle grows and it never snows
I will come, I will go
See your smiling face, feel your your warm embrace

Faraway in a place

Where Gods wonders tell how a red star fell
He put your name in my heart

Into prayer He led before we ever met

And a part of my heart is right next to yours
Through the valleys and seas
God keeps us faithfully
You're never faraway

You're never faraway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song - one of my favorites of yours. I was singing it with you in my mind as I read it. I keep praying for His presence to help you each day; that your roots would grow deeper in this time of low-key, close to home activity. I'm glad He's there by your side. Looking forward to seeing you as I pass through Minneapolis on Nov. 28!