Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Unified in the UK



On the road again I'm writing from nearby Manchester, England.

I've been meeting here with a few brothers in the worship ministry: from the USA, UK, and Romania. We have united together to form a "steering committe" for the Europe Worship Link: a fellowship of key leaders in worship ministry across Europe. These are leaders from a wide spectrum of organisations, churches and ministries. I'm the YWAMer in the bunch. Others are Baptist, Greater European Mission, Catholic Charismatics, etc.

We've been planning another EWL event for next year in Czech Republic.
This fellowship has a wonderful potential to link up and bundle the strengths of worship ministries to reach Europe and I'm excited to see how plans will unfold in the coming years.

God is so good to allow me to participate in such committees, getting to know such sincere and respected leaders in worship.

Recently someone referred to me as a pioneer in worship ministry. That really blew my mind! I know of so many others who have gone before me and paved the way here in Holland: Jeff Fountain, Annemarie Kleynhans, Karen Lafferty, Peter Helms, and many more. To me, they are the real pioneers and I had the privilege (and frustration at times) to hang onto their coattails as they raced headlong into the worship ministry vision.

I don't consider myself a visionary, though I do have vision (and sometimes I even have visions). A networker or, in Biblical terms, a "doorkeeper" suits my role best. God gave me gifts to encourage and exhort; at times I even inspire others. To me it's unthinkable to keep for myself what I've so freely received from others. It's one of my deepest joys to pass on rich nuggets of Biblical truth for others to apply in their lives.

In writing this just now, a profound gratefulness surfaces in my heart for God's graciousness and faithfulness in my singular life. I have been woven into a fabric of community and mission with the colorful threads of like-minded and passionate God-lovers. May You be glorified, o Sovereign Lord, as you call the nations to worship!

Blessings,
Belinda

No comments: