Thursday, March 09, 2006

Change of seasons

This picture is a bit fuzzy, but some of that is from the natural haze upon the Irish land as Winter gives way to Spring.
These days of rest after a simple fare of sharing on worship with 13 lovely DTS students, has been rejuvenating to my soul as well as to my body. Long hours of solitude, snuggled up to the heater with a good book (Steven Lawhead's "Patrick"), communion with God's presence in this place, and my body gaining strength have been sweet.
The staff and students here at YWAM Closkelt have been kind and gracious, offering me refuge and willing hearts to learn and grow in worship. The students constructed a special 'sanctuary' with stone altar, cross, and stained glass window which gave us a sacred spot to sit at His feet the rest of the teaching week. This morning they shared psalms they had composed: honest, emotional, yet strong with determination of choice to praise God in the midst. King David would have been proud of them.
Tomorrow early morn I will go to Belfast and catch an Easy Jet flight home, home to Holland where I will come to rest for some weeks before the next flight.
Much as I love to teach and meet people, I always look forward to my home; my communion with God is sweetest in the nest He has provided.
Tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back in Holland Belinda,
I hope to see you this sunday in church.In good health>Much love Corrie.

Terry Sherman said...

Nice to see your Indonesia blog has become an ongoing ministry blog! This is a great way to keep in touch while ministering in and to the nations God has called you to. It helps me to keep in touch and know how to pray and support you, dear friend. With love and prayers, Terry