Sunday, March 16, 2008

So you wanna go back to Egypt?

Yes, I wanna go back to Egypt!
After my trip there last year to give a Call2Worship course, I've been hoping they'd ask me back to teach in their School of Worship. So, when that email came I eagerly accepted.
Since then I've been wondering if I should travel there alone or who I should ask to come with me. At the Women's Aglow conference last weekend I sat next to a friend, Carolyn, who is also one of the European leaders of Aglow and I know she has a heart for the Middle East. I felt an inner nudging (the Holy Spirit urging me into action) and so I obeyed and asked her if she'd like to come along with me on a ministry trip to Egypt. Carolyn chuckled but then looked me straight in the eye and said, "You're not kidding, are you?!" Amazingly, a couple days later she rang me up and said "YES!"
A flurry of activity has followed, with Carolyn needing a new passport, some vaccinations, and got a reservation on the same flights with me.
We will fly to Cairo on Easter Sunday and spend the week at the YWAM base out in the desert a couple hours NW from Cairo, teaching a dozen hungry Egyptian worship leaders.
The theme of this school is appropriate "Let my people go so that they may worship Me" - the command the Lord gave to Pharoah thousands of years ago. We will be teaching on cross-cultural/Biblical worship, songwriting and leadership.
Please pray that we will speak to their hearts, have good discipleship times and inspire them to reach their nation, calling them to worship God!
If you'd like to send a donation to sponsor one of the students or to help out with my travel expenses, please either go to my website to access the PayPal link or I'll try to paste one in here.
In any case - PRAY!
Thanks and blessings, Belinda


click on the PayPal button to send a donation securely with your credit card

No comments: