Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good News!

GOOD NEWS!
Two pieces of good news to share here:

1) I don't have and haven't ever had malaria!
My doctor here did a thorough test and apparently what I'm suffering from (and had last May as well) is a heavy duty intestinal infection. The symptoms are so similar to malaria and yet to me, it's the difference of night and day to know I don't have a little parasite hanging out in my liver just waiting to pounce on me when I get a little tired. I'm currently on antibiotics and feeling much better.

2) A few days ago I picked up my renewed ID card for the Netherlands. This card was supposed to be picked up last May but I'd already had to leave for the USA. The card stayed at one office until July and then was sent back to headquarters. As soon as I arrived I contacted them and they re-issued the card.
This is no small thing in these post 9-11 days... visas are hard to come by for any country, so it was a concern to me.

So, I'm a very thankful and recuperating missionary. Hopefully I'll actually be able to be at the mission base here this coming week. We have a mega-DTS running here with around 50+ students that we're doing together with the YWAM Amsterdam base. I'm looking forward to seeing all their new faces.
Blessings, Belinda

1 comment:

Michele said...

Dear Belinda,

I'm so glad you don'y have malaria! What a relief. May God continue to strengthen and heal you!! We miss you!

Love,
Michele