Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Belinda's Blog

From Rwanda again....

It took me about 10 minutes to log into my own blogspot here in the busy little internet cafe on the main road close to the YWAM base. At the YWAM base itself there is no telephone - so the only way to get onto the internet is to see if someone is going towards town and hitch a ride. The 4 kilometer road to the YWAM base would be a challenge to a rally race car driver - amazing pits and dust bowls to navigate.

The C2W will end on Friday - 2 days from now. Yesterday and today I taught in the mornings on spiritual battle and worship leadership. They were powerful sessions! The kind that make you think you're somehow in the flow of the Holy Spirit and making history. The students were asking all sorts of questions and the air was alive with revelation as their hearts were so teachable. It was great!
Somehow I believe that God is saving the best for last.

Tomorrow we'll go around the YWAM base compound and have communion to consecrate the base and it's staff to the Lord in a new way. Friday afternoon we'll enjoy the new songs the students are writing this week - songs in their native language and (a big challenge) in their native cultural way. Most of these young people have idealized the western way of worshipping and so their songs sound much the same as those in Holland or USA or Australia (Darlene Zschech and team were just here in July). They are capturing the vision of valuing their own expressions of praise as a people. You would absolutely LOVE to hear their songs. I'm recording some of them - so let me know if you're interested.

Okay, I have to go - time is up and my lift is here.
Thanks for reading, for praying, for sharing in the inheritance and harvest here in Rwanda.
Love and blessings,
Belinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good, eternal things are happening there! I noticed I had 2 comments last time - that's because I thought my first try didn't work, so I repeated it. Oh well, 2 is better than 1, right? Just got the call from Belgium that Chris can be operated on Sept. 20! Nice to have a date so far in advance, but it makes it very real, too. Ed continues to do OK with the medication - coping with the tiredness. Our friends left yesterday - had a great time with them. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Love, Terry