Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another airport

Checking in at yet another airport... I lose count at how many airports it's been but in general they all look the same... except Heathrow in London - where I'll be tomorrow.  (Heathrow=chaos, IMHO).
Today I'm checking in early at YUL, which is Montreal, Quebec, Canada.  The two young people (Heather and Mike) who joined me in ministry this week at the YWAM base in Dunham, checked in a couple hours ago and I waved them off.  We prayed together in the airport - giving all the glory back to Jesus for a week of breakthroughs and fruit in the lives of 24 young (ages 17-21) people who are students at YWAM's Arts&Music DTS here.

They went through security and our paths diverged after an intensive week of ministry in teaching and worship... a week that changed lives - theirs and ours.

I never go and just "teach" students in YWAM (or other) courses - it always changes me, too.  This week I am simply speechless regarding one young woman who was locked up in fears and lies.  By God's divine Hand I met her my very first morning - the first student I met.  She helped me find some breakfast and "raid the kitchen".  Then I noticed that the staff were praying especially for her than evening in the prayer time and I wondered what God had in store.

I met with Stephanie a few times after that and heard her story, felt her fears and believed for a breakthrough.
Imagine my joy yesterday morning as she found the courage to open her locked heart and share with her peers how she felt like "running away" but decided to refuse the LIES and embrace the TRUTH.  She was cheered and they lifted her up in VICTORY in a sanctuary that all the students had made a few days before.  A victory shout went up as she lifted her arms in that familiar victory pose. She is no longer fighting alone; she is no longer alone.  You can see it on her face, in her eyes, in her soul.  She has stepped into freedom in Christ.
Somehow I believe that I will see Stephanie someday in the future and I will be amazed at what God is doing in and through her.

I bow my head and check in to the gate, boarding the plane... yet another plane... and begin the long journey home, pondering upon the goodness and greatness of God to use one simple soul to touch another, and another and another.

Not to us, o Lord, not to us, but to Your Name be glory!

1 comment:

JmeO Assen said...

Wow, how touching and what a great testimony! I loved reading this story and it's a honor to know you and to see how God uses you in many peoples lives. Belinda, you ARE a real blessing! To God be the glory and to you all the compliments!

With love, Mariana ;0)