Thursday, August 07, 2008

Mountain Tops and Valleys

Just a few days ago I was on this mountain top in Norway... enjoying the view and the cool breeze way up there, close to the sky. My vacation was refreshing in body, soul and spirit. I totally enjoyed being with my friends, Hilde, Mildrid and Marcia... tucked away in a mountain cabin with a view across the valley and to the snowy mountains. I think we took pictures of the sunset each evening.
One night when I had to go to the outhouse at around 2 a.m. Honey (my trusty bodyguard) burst into a barrage of barking.... the source: a moose in the field next to the cabin about 30 meters away. The moose was not afraid of the light white noisy animal and lumbered off in her own time towards the forest. And Honey and I dreamt of moose as we drifted off back to sleep.

Arrived back to Holland early yesterday morning after an 8 hour drive from the ferry crossing to Denmark. Slowly getting back into pace with the busy world of YWAM and the Dutch village I live in. Checking my emails I see photos my brother, Randy, sent of my mom and I'm a bit shocked to see her... she is in the hospital again (4th time in 4 weeks) and fighting bacterial infections. Rough road for her... a valley.
Praying... please pray too.

No comments: